Learn to identify vulnerabilities before they’re exposed
The most effective way to keep cyber systems secure is to learn how to think like those who want to harm them. And that’s exactly what ethical hackers do.
Using the same techniques as malicious hackers, these skilled professionals proactively expose vulnerabilities within their own organizations’ infrastructure and help prevent cybercrimes such as data theft and fraud.
The University of North Dakota’s online Ethical Hacking certificate can prepare you for a career in this exciting field. Our innovative curriculum is designed to equip you with the most current tools and methodologies to stay one step ahead of black hat hackers.
By completing this nine-credit certificate program, you can:
- Broaden your understanding of hacking techniques and how they can be implemented within a legal and ethical framework.
- Learn about and gain hands-on experience executing each of the five distinct phases of an ethical hack.
- Enhance your knowledge of software engineering principles used in the development lifecycle of cyber secure systems.
- Prepare to sit for the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification exam.
- Apply the credits you earn from this certificate toward our online Master of Science in Cyber Security program — that’s 25% of the credits you’ll need for the full master’s.
Expected completion time: This certificate program consists of three 14-week courses, which can be finished in as little as one year, including breaks between terms.
Are you considering a career change to cyber security?
The University of North Dakota welcomes students from all backgrounds into our graduate certificate program.
Depending on your prior educational and professional experience, you may be required to take up to two foundation courses: Analytical Foundations of Cyber Security and/or Computing Foundations of Cyber Security. Speaking to an enrollment advisor can help you determine whether you meet these prerequisites.