Kara Wettersten, Ph.D., L.P.
Associate Professor; Doctoral Co-Training Director
Dr. Kara Wettersten is an associate professor in the online counseling program and doctoral co-training director at the University of North Dakota. She is a licensed psychologist who earned her Ph.D. from the University of Kansas.
- Research methods (qualitative and quantitative)
- Scale development and psychometrics
- Relationship skills training (including relationship-based leadership skills)
- Social emotional predictors of academic success in children and adolescents
- Healthy relationship skills acquisition (health promotions) in adults and children
- Friendship and relationship maintenance
- Comparative outcome research
- Psychological scale development
- N of 1 studies
- Solution-focused therapy
- Gottman couples counseling; experiential therapies (including EFT)
- Domestic violence
- General practice