Make a difference where you’re needed most.
Millions of people are working through factors that impede growth and happiness. You can enhance your ability to help them create a better path for the future with the online Master of Arts in Counseling: Addiction Counseling from the University of North Dakota.
This graduate program is designed for those who want a rewarding career working with clients who struggle with chemical dependencies and destructive behaviors, and it’s also ideal for students who would like to become licensed addiction counselors.
Through a combination of evidence-based theory and experiential learning, you can develop the skills to counsel a wide range of clients and provide treatment options that can help throughout their lifespan.
Why an M.A. in Addiction Counseling?
- Meet a critical need: Job growth for substance abuse, behavioral disorder and mental health counselors is expected to increase 22% between 2018 and 2028.*
- More opportunities to serve: Counselors with graduate-level education can provide more services than those with undergraduate degrees.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Why choose UND?
- Complete asynchronous coursework 100% online.
- Benefit from a program housed within the College of Education & Human Development.
- Gain practical field experience by serving an internship at an addictions treatment facility.
UND is recognized for quality and chosen for excellence.
The University of North Dakota is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. We’re consistently ranked among the best for educational quality, affordability and career outcomes.
Our reputation, paired with more than 120 online degree and certificate programs, has encouraged nearly 14,000 students from around the world to explore more than 225 fields of study with us every year.