Help the world connect — safely.
Data security is a serious challenge — but that’s the trade-off for living in a digital world.
Consider this: Cyber security spending worldwide is expected to exceed $101.6 billion by 2020.* And yet, the cyber security industry projects a global shortage of 1.8 million unfilled jobs by 2022.** As we grow more dependent on technology, society needs strong leaders capable of securing our systems.
Leaders like you.
*International Data Corporation | **Forrester Research
Why choose UND?
- Complete coursework 100% online
- Choose from 4 tracks: autonomous systems cyber security; cyber security and behavior; data security; or general cyber security
- Benefit from a program housed within the College of Engineering & Mines — one of the most well-respected engineering schools in the upper Midwest
Why an M.S. in Cyber Security?
- Job security: There will be 3.5 million cyber security job openings by 2021 — Cybersecurity Ventures
- Compensation: Chief security officers can earn more than $220,000 annually — U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Advanced opportunities: 23% of cyber security postings require a master’s degree — Burning Glass Technologies