Help people overcome their biggest challenges.
The University of North Dakota’s online Master of Arts in Counseling offers a specialized track in Rehabilitation Counseling, designed for those who want to help individuals with disabilities achieve goals in education, work, independent living and more. This track is ideal for students who would like to become a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor or Licensed Professional Counselor.
Through a combination of evidence-based theory and experiential learning, you can develop the skills to counsel a wide range of populations, with particular focus on people who require treatment in vocational counseling, mental health, school-age transition, gerontology, veteran care and more.
Why an M.A. in Rehabilitation Counseling?
- Career prospects: Job growth for rehabilitation counselors is expected to increase 10% between 2018 and 2028, which is faster than the national average.*
- Broaden your care: Learn to work with people experiencing physical, psychiatric and developmental disabilities, as well as alcohol and drug abuse and neurological impairments.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Why choose UND?
- Complete asynchronous coursework 100% online.
- Benefit from a program housed within the College of Education & Human Development.
- Gain practical field experience by serving an internship at a facility in your community.
- Prepare for Counseling Ph.D. programs and Ph.D. in Rehabilitation Counselor Education programs.
UND is recognized for quality and chosen for excellence.
The University of North Dakota is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. We’re consistently ranked among the best for educational quality, affordability and career outcomes.
Our reputation, paired with more than 120 online degree and certificate programs, has encouraged nearly 14,000 students from around the world to explore more than 225 fields of study with us every year.